Monday, May 3, 2010

More Adventures in Maturity

A third grade girl asked me today, "Why do you act like an elementary school kid?"
-"What?"
-"You act like an elementary school kid! You play all the games with us!"
-"So? I like the games. And I can be serious sometimes."
-"No, I don't like that. You have a lot of humor. I'm going to call you Elementary School Kid from now on."
-"I like Mr. Lyu."
-"No, Elementary School Kid."
-"Fine," I say as I catch the basketball from another student. "If I make this shot you're all going to be my best friends forever!" Brick.
-"Never mind, you're going to be Uncool Elementary School Kid."
-"OK."

I'm supposed to be teaching their class about meters and kilometers tomorrow (Yeah, their teacher is trusting me to teach an actual lesson!). They all seem pretty excited. I hope I don't blow it. Otherwise, I'll be Super-Uncool Elementary School Kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment