Monday, June 13, 2011

Awards Ceremony.

Today in our classroom the kids went through an awards ceremony. They also became official members of the Legion of Extraordinary Scholars. I made each kid a little certificate with a special award, and they all got a dog tag and chain that said, "I AM THE LXS: LEGION OF EXTRAORDINARY SCHOLARS. LOVE TO LEARN."

Some of the parents were there, and I said a little something about each person. I felt like I was back at camp, because I wrote each kid a letter for them to keep and read today and in the future so they'll know (hopefully) what I was trying to teach them... we'll see.

I also broke the news to them that I can't come back next year, and one kid cried. I almost did too. Everyone was sad, and some of them begged me to stay, which was cute. Then they started asking to bring stuff home like the class rules so that they could remember me. Some told me that they'd visit me at the new school. A bunch asked if I was going to have the LXS at my new school too. It was nice... I'm going to miss them. Probably going to reflect more on the year later, but for now, I'm enjoying the end-of-year goggles.

PS. We were just watching a movie and cleaning the room, and one of my students comes up to me and asks, "Mr. Lyu, can I do some math worksheets?" I LOVE THEM. EVEN THE ONES THAT DRIVE ME BONKERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment