Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Promises.

One of the biggest problems, especially in urban areas, is summer learning loss.

I made a summer packet for all my students. Just SIX (6) questions a day and you'll be fine for next year! I forced each kid to look me in the eyes and promise they'd work on the packet this summer. We'll see... it was kind of funny, though.

In other news, we learned to make yarn necklaces today, and my kid who just moved from El Salvador was AMAZING at it. It was incredible... he just kept making more and more with different designs and color combinations. He was cutting yarn and I stopped him and said, "Wait! That's too short!" He looked right at me and responded loudly and confidently, "No, this is for the hand!" He had been participating in English during math, and I was so happy to hear him respond in English. What a great moment.

Also, one of my students friended me on Facebook.

Two half-days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment