Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pre-Kids' Pre-Work.

It feels like a long time since I last had students to work with, so everything seems a bit boring. Still, there's a lot of stuff happening to get reading for the first day of school in... 12 days!

I've been spending a lot of time crafting a theme and goals for my students, getting trackers ready, and planning out topics to cover from the first day until the end of the year. I now have 10 calendars on Google because of all the subjects, assessments, and different class-related things I want to keep track of. Also, I've been decorating my room, and am proud to say that I put together my first two bulletin boards. I am now officially a teacher, I guess.

Sorry I haven't written anything really interesting in a while, but all the minutiae that goes into planning before school starts isn't really entertaining, although it could be the most important thing that I do this year. I promise, this will actually be worth reading soon. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment